June 18, 2009

Doni's Delis

I was so inspired by the Flickr photostream of Italian weaver Donatella (Doni) Chiesa, that I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.


In her own words: "I studied weaving in Italy and then I did a course in Bradford - UK - in Textile Design for handwovens, which is quite a popular course among handweavers. It was the place where I really understood how to get inspiration - literally from anything! - and to translate it into fabric with different structures. What I love about weaving is that you create fabric from an idea and the result is always unique and truly yours!"
Find more of Doni's lovely work on her Flickr photostream and blog.

(All images by Donatella Chiesa)

4 comments:

Rachel Follett said...

I love this post! I added one of her inspiration boards to my weeks best post this week with a link to your blog. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend!

domestic candy said...

Das ist so schön! Das entspricht genau meinem Geschmack :) Danke fürs Zeigen!! Viele Grüße und auch von mir ein schönes Wochenende! Kerstin

Bri said...

All of those blues and greens together - to die for!

Maaret said...

Hi! I'm so happy you liked my post :)
Rachel: Thank you!