• the postcards I bought in the Museum of modern art EMMA in Espoo, a city next to Helsinki. The postcards show works by Finnish artist Anu Tuominen. I adore her work. The card on the bottom right shows an installation made out of potholders. I want to start my own collection and display them on my kitchen wall (Mieke & Veronik and Elisabeth were also inspired by her).
• the vintage grey potholder is the first one of my collection. I found it at Fida
• the bird is a brooch by You Complete Me, I bought it on an art and design market in Helsinki
Last but not least I found some fabrics.
• on the left is the fabric Aarre by Maija Louekari for Marimekko
• the fabrics in the middle and on the right are vintage.
I hope you enjoyed my finds. I wish you a great weekend!
Hi, I'm back from Scandinavia (Stockholm and Helsinki). Our time in Stockholm was great. We enjoyed the city very much. And my stay in Helsinki was relaxing, it was all about meeting family and friends over there. In some days I will show you some pictures from our Stockholm trip. I still have to go through all the photos...
This is a nook of our living room, the cushion on the right is new. It's from Marimekko. I bought it in Helsinki in the Marimekko outlet for 5 euro. Great! The fabric is designed by Fujiwo Ishimoto Marimekko seems to have taken it out of production. The cushion on the left is also from Marimekko, I bought it last year. It shows the pattern Purnukka by Erja Hirvi.